Sprint board drag and drop of tickets not working

Athina Alorro January 18, 2017

I noticed this morning that I can't drag and drop tickets on any status column (To Do, In Progress, Done).
This works yesterday.  Although I can change the status by manually going to each ticket and clicking the status button but the drag and drop feature makes it easier and less number of click.

17 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
khacminhrt January 18, 2017

The bug is fixed

Jimmy Liang January 19, 2017

Yes..it's working now laugh

michael johns January 19, 2017

Not for me, same problem. using chrome.

Travis Randolph January 19, 2017

Try clearing your cache if you're still getting this issue.

0 votes
t12ung May 21, 2019

+1 for this unresolved issue.

See here for reported issue and help get the ball rolling for Atlassian to fix!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16445

0 votes
Alexander Kondakov March 7, 2019

Same issue.
Some issues can be drag&dropped, while others can't. There doesn't seem to be any pattern (status, epic, sprint etc.).
This is not a permission issue, as all transitions can be made on the issue page, but not on the board.
The error repeats itself in different browsers and for different users. 

0 votes
Florian Kriechbaumer July 9, 2017

Same issue.

0 votes
Adam Donaghy January 18, 2017

I'm also having the same issue in my company.

0 votes
Tom Dance January 18, 2017

+1 same for myself and everyone else in our company. 

This has completely broken the backlog sorting for us. Help!

0 votes
Alison Lemke January 18, 2017

Same issue here.  We are moving and updating manually until resolved.

Using Chrome or IE.  Dragging between sprint columns for an active sprint, or dragging items from the backlog into a sprint (which actually makes weird display things happen...looks like my other backlog items disappeared, but they have just moved further down the page, after a page of whitespace).

0 votes
Daniel Tanner January 18, 2017

+1 same issue here.

Documented a few more details here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/46331323.

0 votes
aaronsempf January 18, 2017

We are having the same issue... we can no longer drag and drop between swim-lanes on Kanban boards. Also haven't changed anything (permissions etc)

0 votes
mamoru.sasaki January 18, 2017

Having the same issue.

Haven't changed any permissions or settings in months, so I'm assuming this is an issue on their end. 

0 votes
Tosihiro Rokusya January 18, 2017

me too. fix please...

0 votes
Martin McTighe January 18, 2017

+1 same issue here - drag and drop shows a green column to drop the task but then the task reverts back to it's old state.

Moving the task manually as you've said works fine and updates the board correctly.

Re-index didn't fix it.

0 votes
Ian Chan January 18, 2017

+1 happening here too.

0 votes
Takeshi Sasaki January 18, 2017

Same here, or at least similar.
I cant drag a ticket from the backlog to move to a sprint.

My Chrome version is 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

0 votes
hari January 18, 2017

We're having the same issues this morning. Its happening on our board and backlog view. Nothing can be dragged / dropped to change a ticket status or priority order in the backlog. It was working yesterday.

0 votes
richard kim January 18, 2017

Having the same issue.  Haven't changed any permissions or settings in months, so I'm assuming this is an issue on their end. 

0 votes
Travis Randolph January 18, 2017

I am having the exact same issue. I am the only one on my team who is having this issue though. Happens on any computer I login on, so it is not a caching issue.

Suggest an answer