Sprint Report is show correctly but in release burndown its showing wrong information.

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase March 24, 2017

Below Sprint Report is show correctly but in release burndown its showing wrong information.  Still now my team has completed 28 story point but out of 28, 26 is showing in different sprint name (V_0.1_SPRINT-2) and 2 is showing in V_0.1_SPRINT-1 (My sprint). Please check below screen grab on urgent basis and let me know.

5 answers

0 votes
Marian Skupski March 4, 2022

I am also seeing this exact issue, and got here because of a link in a different (closed) issue.

It really doesn't help to close a ticket and point to a place that really has no information.

Is there any update on this and can it be fixed?

0 votes
Sofiia Naida October 8, 2020

Hi guys, 

Are you planning to resolve this ticket?

Thanks

0 votes
evrao August 28, 2017

Hi , i also see a similar problem, in Release Burndown it shows an item under wrong sprint name. i have total 3 scrum teams working on the same product backlog and all run parallel sprints with start and end on same time.

Doesn't show work completed in few sprints.JPGactual sprint details of items.JPGItems shown under wrong sprint in release burnwdown.JPG

Elliot Gates October 9, 2018

Same issue using JIRA cloud here. If I view the issues in the issue navigator they show the correct sprint, however the EPIC burndown view puts them in an incorrect sprint and makes the graph useless. Seems to be a widespread isssue - any workarounds available (please do not suggest an addon)?

Peter Budden November 26, 2018

Was there any answer to this question? I am experiencing similar issues and looking for input.

Like # people like this
Bruce Goins February 6, 2019

has anybody received an answer for this bug?  I see this as a major bug and makes burndown reporting for us un-usable.

Like Marian Skupski likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

Have you tried the debugging suggestion on the first answer?

Bruce Goins February 6, 2019

Yes, I have checked all the issues that they all have the correct sprint listed.  However, on the Epic Burndown report, they are all showing on a totally different sprint.

starskythehutch July 2, 2019

We are also having this issue. Issues are being listed in the wrong sprint on the release burndown but are correct in the sprint report. The issues have only ever been part of a single sprint.

Oliver Snow July 9, 2019

I don't know if my problem is related, but I am seeing burndowns containing the wrong language in the chart. I have two projects running sprints in separate countries under the one oranisation. I noticed that my UK burndown had German text - see picture, the text should be English for this project. Note I am not using the German version of Jira cloud!

Also, if I change the name of the sprint in one project, it changes in the other project - even though the contents of the Sprint(s) are different when viewed in the two projects.

SprintBurndownWrongLanguage.png

0 votes
Becky August 7, 2017

Has this been resolved?  I'm having a similar issue.  Our Q2 Release Burndown is showing Q3 sprints.

When i go into our Q3 Release Burndown, Sprint 1 is not listed, however Sprint 1 issues are included in Sprint 2 list of issues (this Release Burndown is saying we had 65 points for Sprint 2 - when in reality Sprint 1 was 40 and Sprint 2 was 25...which is correct and coming from the Sprint Report).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2017

Of the 28 points, can you check each issue and see what sprints they are all in?  There are no screenshots attached, so we're a little in the dark here.

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase March 24, 2017

Checked all issues all are showing in my sprint & Version also.Please find attachment with all description

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2017

The doc doesn't look right, the pictures are unreadable.

Could you give us a list of the issues and what sprints they are in?  Issue navigator and search for "sprint in (both of the sprints)".  Then give us just the columns issue key, sprint, status and story points (so you won't leak us any private data)

Suggest an answer