Sprint Report - Issues completed outside of this sprint

Grzegorz Reglinski March 17, 2016

In Sprint Report is section named "Issues completed outside of this sprint". What is the rule for the tasks there display?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2016

It's issues that match the board filter that were not in the sprint, but moved to "done" outside the time the sprint was running.

Pablo Ziliani September 6, 2016

Is it? inspecting the changelog of a couple of issues in that section shows that they both were

1. added to the sprint, and
  2. marked as resolved

before the sprint had even started. The resolution date is earlier than the sprint start date.

Like Khang Ho likes this
Barry DeJaeger October 5, 2016

Thanks Nic, I noticed that these tickets don't seem to be reflected in the chart on the report. Is there a way to fix that and have them included in the chart and included in the sprint? In the case where it was meant to be in the sprint but was accidentally not moved into it?

Like Jean Louis Perez Abreu likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2016

No, because they weren't in the sprint - the board can only report on things that were.

Romualdas Laurinavičius February 14, 2020

@Barry DeJaeger I see your post is very old, but in case someone else is looking for a workaround, here is what you can do (this is JIRA Cloud):

1. Enable parallel sprints in JIRA settings
  2. Reopen the closed sprint that is missing the tickets
  3. Once the sprint is reopened, go to the issues you want to be included in the sprint, make sure correct sprint is assigned, move the tickets out of Done and then back to Done, so that new Done time is recorded
  4. Complete sprint
  5. The tickets should now appear in the sprint report where you want them
  6. Disable parellel sprints in JIRA settings

Hope this helps.

Like krzysztofzarebski likes this
1 vote
Srikanth_Reddy September 24, 2018

I notice the same issue in my previous sprint too after closing sprint board. And the velocity report shows incorrectly even we finish the committed job. What is the solution to this, how can I make changes to the closed stories or the story points, those are reflecting as carryover points? 

0 votes
Pablo Ziliani September 6, 2016

This seems to be a duplicate, here's the accepted answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39231597

Suggest an answer