Sprint Report - Issue removed from sprint

I have an issue with our sprint reports. For some reason most of the stories/bugs are shown as "Issue removed from sprint" which leads to wrong sprint & velocity charts.

All issues that are flagged as removed from sprint are correctly closed and are assigned to the correct sprint.

What triggers the report to count stories as removed from sprint?

I found this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/Issue+removed+from+sprint+after+editing

But I cannot really see how that is related

 

image2015-7-1 10:5:26.png

5 answers

I figured out the problem, at least for my scenario. 

I created new statuses and did not map them to any columns on the board. JIRA was actually warning me, but I didn't understand the warning. Once I put all status in columns, things worked as expected.

The screen I'm discussing is under the configuration screen for the board, and then choose "Columns" from the left pane.

HTH

1 vote

Hi there - running into the same problem, except for all of the statuses are mapped to the Columns in the board.  We are also setting the Resolution to Completed.

We have two types of Closed states in our Workflow:  "Done" and "Ready for UAT".  They are both green workflow statuses AND we have a Resolution set when users move to this part of the workflow.  Both of these statuses are mapped to the Done column of our Scrum Board as well.

When users transition issue types to "Done", this will get counted towards our burndown chart and sprint report; however, if we move the issue to "Ready for UAT", the issue type immediately gets Removed From Sprint and you can see this in the Sprint Report under "Issues Removed from Sprint".  

Both the "Done" and "Ready for UAT" sates are configured the same, with the same transition screens and everything.  Super stumped; hoping someone can help out!

Thanks.Mapped Statuses.pngIssues Removed from Sprint.png

We have the same problem. It would be nice to get an update on this issue.

Same problem here, most of the sprint reports are wrong because 90% of stories are marked as "removed from sprint" even though:

  • they're properly assigned to a single sprint
  • they're added before sprint is started 
  • they're completed during sprint (not after completing sprint)

So I really can't see any reason why these reports come out wrong. It doesn't make sense and we couldn't find any pattern in this behaviour.

Hm, I added and removed some statuses in last weeks, maybe that is the problem. I always considered this status map to be more of a "board" thing, rather than affecting something more, especially so seemingly unrelated as sprint report. I will make sure to map statuses and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks! smile

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

433 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you