Sprint Planning resources getting full graph?????

Benita Howe August 11, 2015

We're accustom to TFS/Visual Studio online.  I can't find this functionality in Jira.  Help!

On sprint planning day, we update the hours available for each person for the project, then Feature/Scenarios (story points) are talked bout by the team and decomposed into tasks, with owners who create hours estimates.

We're accustom to seeing a real time update in sprint planning.  As a team member enters their task & estimates we watch our available hours for the sprint get allotted by person.  When we get to full, we swarm to load balance where we can and then set expectation/commitment.  We THEN kick off our sprint committment. We don't over commit.

Where oh where can I find this in Jira????????????

image2015-8-11 20:10:21.png

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

As a team member enters their task & estimates we watch our available hours for the sprint get allotted by person.  When we get to full, we swarm to load balance where we can and then set expectation/commitment.  We THEN kick off our sprint committment.

This feature does not exist in the JIRA Agile add on. This is covered in either JIRA Portfolio or Tempo Planner. 

Amlan Banerjee August 12, 2015

I have enabled Tempo planner and played with my time availability for Sprint 1. Please have a look.

Benita Howe August 12, 2015

@Timothy Chin - you rock, thank you for giving us a direction to go in. 

@Amlan Banerjee  ... a thousand thanks!

Suggest an answer