Sprint, Issue Type not appearing in the General Fields List

Rajat Sethi March 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the Issue Detail View

Hi, 

Why do some fields like Sprint and Issue Type do not appear in the fields list dropdown? 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

Because they're there already in the issue detail view, so you don't need to add them again.

Rajat Sethi March 14, 2016

Hi Nic! Thanks for your answer. I should I have been more elaborative in my question. I am asking this in context to the right hand side window panel on the agile board where issue details are shown. I do not see the 'Sprint' field or the 'Issue Type' field there. Nor do I see them in the Issue Details View option under the boards configuration.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

Assuming you mean the Scrum board, then the fields are on-screen already:

The sprint is the current one, by definition, and is located at the far left of the screen, above the board (if it were a Kanban board, the sprint doesn't actually matter, but I suspect it should be an option)

The Issue type icon appears on the "card" on the board already, so you don't need the detail.

Ram Subramanian July 31, 2020

I have selected Sprint as a feature for Issue Type: subtask in project settings. But when I open a sub task, I am unable to see the field: Sprint. Can you please let me know why that is happening

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

Sub-tasks are part of an issue, and hence part of the sprint that issue is in.  Sprint is irrelevant to sub-tasks, look at what they are a part of.

Suggest an answer