Sprint Health Gadget doesn't show green (done) issues.

alexxkey January 25, 2018

I have certain workflow and I want to see task with "Done" statuses in my Sprint Health Gadget (green area), but it shows only grey and yellow (to do and in progress) areas. Just like that.

When I click View in Issue Navigator (by clicking on yellow area at first) there is a search page appears and I see JQL expression which contains "Done" status - see here. So it explains why gadget doesn't display green area - it thinks "done" status is also is in progress. But if I delete "done" from that JQL expression, filter doesn't save. And I don't know how to fix it?

Can you help me with this problem? Or the problem is in the other side?:)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Victor Florin Pana January 27, 2018

Most likely the problem is generated by the fact that the issues in the Done status have no resolution set. If an issue does not have a resolution set, then JIRA counts it as still needing work, so therefore it cannot be appear in the green area. 

If the issues should have a resolution set when moving them to Done, them you can either add a screen to the transition so select whatever resolution you have available, or you can add a post function to the workflow which automatically sets a resolution. Of course this can be set if you have admin rights on your instance.

alexxkey January 29, 2018

Thank you, Victor! The problem was in "Done" status which wasn't the last status on board. When I made it the last status, the gadget started to work correct.

Mary Padilla September 1, 2020

I have a similar problem wher the JQL is lumping TODO status with the In-progess.  Ideally I would like the gadget to show the color bar for each status seperately versus lumping todo/blocked/in progress/ready to deploy as "in progress".   Is this a problem with my board or how the workflow was setup?

Suggest an answer