Sprint Burndown Gadget - weird language behaviour

Florian Veith November 17, 2016

Hi everybody,

upfront I was asking and checking our JIRA System and Plugins whether someone updated it. But nobody did.

So all of a sudden the Sprint Burndown Gadget shows a mix of en_UK and es_ES. The right top description box is in Spanish. Now it says HORA on the x-axis.

When going through the code of the site I can find a lot of locales mapped to es_ES but don't have a clue what they reference to except that it seems to be a part of AUI.

Example: <script src="https://xxxxxxxxxxxx/s/9dce6226b3101945dc681706b1ec6970-CDN/es_ES-kt7pz8/64027/21/6.4.12/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:core-gadget-resources/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:core-gadget-resources.js?locale=es-ES" type="text/javascript"></script>

I am not a software engineer, so if my example was incorrect, sorry for that smile

JIRA Version: v6.4.12

JIRA_Sprint_Burndown_Gadget_1.PNG

Did someone else face that strange behaviour? And if so, how did you solve it?

Thank you in advance,

Florian

2 answers

0 votes
Florian Veith November 18, 2016

Hi Timothy,

thanks for your reply. Already tried it before and gave it a second shot just a few seconds ago.

Didn't work out unfortunately sad

Cheers,

Florian

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

I've encountered this weirdness before while changing languages. The fix for me was to clear the browser's cache to force it freshen up.

Suggest an answer