Spitse Project Starter-JIRA import tool

Aravind November 13, 2020

Hello team

I'm trying to create a list of epics and sub-task for the epic using the JIRA import sheet (Excel sheet) - I'm using the "Project Tasks" sheet to fill in my contents.

1. Epics on "Epic Headline" column and sub-tasks on "Task headline" column and while importing this tool, epics are created as how it should but the contents on "Task headline" is created as "issues in Epic" instead of "Sub-Task"
  2. Is there a possibility to "label" the JIRAs using the import tool like giving the component name from the "Cost element" column
  3. Is there a possibility to assign people to the JIRAs while creating them using the import tool

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Hi @Aravind,

It is not immediately clear from your post if you are on Jira Cloud or Jira Server, but most of your questions are answered in the CSV import documentation you can find here:

As far as the relation between Epics and sub-tasks goes: that issues are being created as Issues in Epics is the normal issue hierarchy in Jira.

The maximum level op depth you create with issues in Jira is like this:

Epics

--> Stories, Tasks, Bugs, ... (Standard Issue Types)

----> Sub-tasks

In other words, sub-tasks belong to stories, tasks or bugs and are usually not related directly to Epics. 

Suggest an answer