Specify alerts in Automation only for certain request type in Service Desk

Jim AMCI email August 9, 2016

Good morning,

I'm trying to use the JSD automation function to send an alert when a customer creates a Report Outage request so that it can be forwarded to an SMS gateway.

I'm having trouble with the IF part of the automation query. I only want it to send the alert when the request type is Report Outage (it auto-completes to report-outage2, surrounded by double quotes in the Advanced editor.)

I've tried both of the conditions below, but the system sends alerts for _ALL_ new requests, so I'm guessing I have a syntax problem.

"Customer Request Type"="ivits/report-outage2"

"Customer Request Type" in ("ivits/report-outage2")

I did notice that I only have one issue type for this SD project; maybe there's something I don't understand about the relationships between issue types and request types?

I'm working in the Cloud version of JIRA

Thanks in advance!

Jim

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2016

How are you creating your Report Outage request? Do you use the customer portal?

Can you check the value of Customer Request Type in one of the test issues when you are logged in as an admin or agent.

What is the name of the issue type in your SD project?

0 votes
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2016

You JQL syntax looks fine to me and only have one issue type in your SD project should not impact how it works. Please raise a support tickets so they can help you to find out what exactly going wrong.

https://support.atlassian.com/

Jim AMCI email August 9, 2016

I tried to create a ticket, but it said it couldn't find a valid SEN; do I need to pay for a ticket with some kind of extra service fee?

Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2016

you should not be required to pay extra fee if you are eligible, also note that you have the option to provide Atlassian Cloud Url if you are a cloud user. 

Please provide a valid Support Entitlement Number (SEN) or Atlassian Cloud URL to complete the ticket creation.

The SEN confirms approved customer contacts and we associate accurate information to help you faster.

Finding your SEN

Suggest an answer