Specific script runner query: Show me multiple levels of linked issues

Reuben Salisbury February 2, 2015

Hi - I've had a look around the answers section and haven't been able to find an answer to this particular question.

To give a bit of context; the way this particular project is setup is as follows:

1. All customer requests are logged as an issue type of "New Request"
  2. Once the request has gone through analysis, it is broken down into epics / stories accordingly, with the top level request relating to the subsequent epic(s), and the stories linking to the epic(s).
  3. Therefore general hierarchy = New Request > Epic(s) > Story(ies)

Is it possible to construct the following query?

I want to be able to see all issues of New Request, and for each New Request see a list of linked Epic / Story IDs (and if possible their status)

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

You need linkedIssuesOf . Once you have the first query working you can use that as input into the second. You will also need to OR it with the first query, so you get both the issues and their linked issues.

You will end up with a big ugly query but by saving intermediate filters and using linkedIssueOf("filter = foo") you can decompose it.

Ordering them so that the linked items appear with the issue they are linked from is more tricky.

Suggest an answer