Special report request

Rumceisz July 5, 2012

Hi All,

one of the project leads need a report about a user. He needs all the issue the user had worked on - it means the issues that were resolved by this particular user.

How can it be done?

So filtering the issues which a user has set to resolved.

Thanks for your suggestions nad help!

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2012

Hi Rumi,

if you have a special status for resolved issues you can use

status WAS "Resolved" BY rumi

if your status has another name, you have to use this name of course

Cheers

Thomas

Rumceisz July 5, 2012

Hi THomas,

where do I put this script?

Thank you!

Rumi

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2012

Hi Rumi,

Jobin has just answered your question.

Rumceisz July 5, 2012

which question?

your select is cannot be run in advance search

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

Do you have enough database space to copy your jira database and then upgrade to a later release so you can run Jobin's or Thomas-S' query? You can use a development license and then you can remove this copied system. Maybe your managers would be willing to upgrade since it has a feature they are looking for?

Do you have access to the Jira database so you can run an sql query?

It is should be a join between jiraissue and os_historystep. I do not know your workflow so, I cannot give you the exact query.

SELECT *
FROM jiraissue LEFT JOIN OS_HISTORYSTEP ON jiraissue.WORKFLOW_ID = OS_HISTORYSTEP.ENTRY_ID
WHERE OS_HISTORYSTEP.Step_ID IN ( ... )
AND OS_HISTORYSTEP.Caller IN ( ... ).

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2012

Trust me, this won't be a one time request. the JIRA Utilities plugin add a partcipants field that captures every user that updates an issue in any way. However, it will only capture from the date of install forward. We also capture the user who executed milestone transitions such as development complete, testing complete, resolved/closed, and reopen. Since we only allow the current assignee to execute transitions we can easily use a post function to copy the assignee field to the tracking field. Between the participant field and the milestone fields it is very easy to capture information about who worked on an issue or who performed important transitions and display it in a filter.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

Do something like this:

Status changed to "Closed" by jobin

You can even add a time period using AFTER, DURING options.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2012

It is in the issue navigator. Go to Advanced searching.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Rumceisz July 5, 2012

Hi Jobin,

let me know where do I put this code? It cannot be run in Issue Navigator.

Rumceisz July 5, 2012

Hi Jobin,

this is why I asked: I use advanced searching but it's not a correct select. I useJira version 4.3.4

Are you talking about a different version?

Rumi

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2012

Ah I see. Thos eoperators are not available in 4.3 I guess. WAS, CHANGED etc are introduced only in 4.4 I guess. You can check in the respective documentation for the above page.

Suggest an answer