Special report request

Hi All,

one of the project leads need a report about a user. He needs all the issue the user had worked on - it means the issues that were resolved by this particular user.

How can it be done?

So filtering the issues which a user has set to resolved.

Thanks for your suggestions nad help!

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jul 05, 2012

Hi Rumi,

if you have a special status for resolved issues you can use

status WAS "Resolved" BY rumi

if your status has another name, you have to use this name of course

Cheers

Thomas

Hi THomas,

where do I put this script?

Thank you!

Rumi

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jul 05, 2012

Hi Rumi,

Jobin has just answered your question.

which question?

your select is cannot be run in advance search

0 votes

Do something like this:

Status changed to "Closed" by jobin

You can even add a time period using AFTER, DURING options.

It is in the issue navigator. Go to Advanced searching.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Hi Jobin,

let me know where do I put this code? It cannot be run in Issue Navigator.

Hi Jobin,

this is why I asked: I use advanced searching but it's not a correct select. I useJira version 4.3.4

Are you talking about a different version?

Rumi

Ah I see. Thos eoperators are not available in 4.3 I guess. WAS, CHANGED etc are introduced only in 4.4 I guess. You can check in the respective documentation for the above page.

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Jul 05, 2012

Trust me, this won't be a one time request. the JIRA Utilities plugin add a partcipants field that captures every user that updates an issue in any way. However, it will only capture from the date of install forward. We also capture the user who executed milestone transitions such as development complete, testing complete, resolved/closed, and reopen. Since we only allow the current assignee to execute transitions we can easily use a post function to copy the assignee field to the tracking field. Between the participant field and the milestone fields it is very easy to capture information about who worked on an issue or who performed important transitions and display it in a filter.

Do you have enough database space to copy your jira database and then upgrade to a later release so you can run Jobin's or Thomas-S' query? You can use a development license and then you can remove this copied system. Maybe your managers would be willing to upgrade since it has a feature they are looking for?

Do you have access to the Jira database so you can run an sql query?

It is should be a join between jiraissue and os_historystep. I do not know your workflow so, I cannot give you the exact query.

SELECT *
FROM jiraissue LEFT JOIN OS_HISTORYSTEP ON jiraissue.WORKFLOW_ID = OS_HISTORYSTEP.ENTRY_ID
WHERE OS_HISTORYSTEP.Step_ID IN ( ... )
AND OS_HISTORYSTEP.Caller IN ( ... ).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,617 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you