Special Issue permission based on LDAP/Crowd group

Martin Lechner May 12, 2015

Hey JIRA experts!

Due to a quite specific situation I'd like to ask you for your input about this one.

Situation:

We have users in our System, let's call them externals. These externals should have really limited permission to browse projects and stuff like that. Basically our target is, that externals are just allowed to browse/work on issues where they are assigned to, or another user from the same LDAP/crowd group.

Let me give an example: 

We have user A and user B in our group externals. I'd like that user B sees the assigned issues of user A and his own but nothing else (note: I know this is realisable with filters but I definitely want that those 2 users can't brows any other issues). 

I'm really curious about what you'd suggest.

Greetings

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

Almost all of these can be done using project permissions. You just need to make sure externals only have "Browse Project" permission in certain projects.

You can also use "assignee" in the permissions to limit the access only to certain group of people + assignee of the tickets. In this case, externals will be able to see only the tickets assigned to them.

Suggest an answer