Sourcetree is resetting my JIRA password?

Cobus Esterhuyse January 26, 2014

Hi,

I use Sourcetree (and Git-SVN) on a Subversion repository (on Mac running Mavericks). We also use JIRA and some other Atlassian tools.

It's been working fine for months. Lately, for some reason, I can't clone the subversion repositories anymore (or update/commit existing bookmarks). Either I get an error message saying "this is not a valid source path", or I get into an endless loop of Sourcetree asking me for my subversion account password, then asking permission to access the password in my Keychain, then password, and so on.

I have tried removing all keychain entries, removing the default user in Sourcetree preferences, reinstalling Git, checking $PATH and a bunch of other things I can't even keep up with.

The really strange thing is that as soon as I get the "this is not a valid source path" error message, I also can no longer log into my Jira account (via browser) using the password that I know for a fact is correct. My Jira administrator has checked - at that stage my account is not blocked. My only deduction is that my password must have been changed somehow?

Currently my only solution is to reset my password, after which I can log into Jira again.

I've been stuck on this for days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Hey Cobus,

We don't integrate with JIRA, so unless you've got a custom action which does something with JIRA then I don't believe SourceTree is responsible for this. You might have some cross-domain auth setup where there's one account for JIRA and other systems where you clone from, but that'd be a localised IT issue rather than a SourceTree issue.

Cheers

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2014

Hey Cobus,

Nope, SourceTree doesn't do anything with Crowd either.

Cheers

Cobus Esterhuyse January 29, 2014

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for the reply. My JIRA administrator tells me we use Crowd for identity management over all our apps. Does Sourcetree do anything with Crowd perhaps?

Thanks again.

Cobus

Suggest an answer