Sourcetree: Please re-add an icon in the toolbar for Hg flow / Git flow

With the new version, is it not possible to have an icon for Hg flow / Git flow. Please put it in again. I understand that not everyone use this, but at least it should be an optional icon.

141 answers

1 accepted

1.8.2 has just been released, I've installed it on my machine and the icon is back.  No need for more +1s so install and get coding! smile

See this stack overflow question for download links: http://stackoverflow.com/a/35429904/5934441

We all can use Shift + Alt + f smile

Yep. That's true, and we (developers in our company) work like that. But sometimes we have some "non-poweruser" on Bitbucket. For example a designer. They use SourceTree very rare. For them it's important to have that icon.

this is great, thanks.

Git flow broken? Rel 1.8.1 Release or Hot fix name in Finish Release/Finish Hotfix dialog box wouldn't populate. Too bad the button on the toolbar is gone as well.

Same here Anil.  Have to uninstall the new version. 

+1 would be even better to be able to add the different actions from within the git flow window as separate button using the icon bar customizer (Buttons for 'new feature', 'new release', etc.)

+1. This is a stupid, stupid change.

+1 Please re-add the GitFlow button back to SourceTree. I was surprised to not see it then shocked to realize it wasn't available at all.

+1 I can't believe they removed this button. I use it more than anything else in SourceTree. At least make it an option.

+1 Please put the GitFlow button back

+1 I love the product, but the button is handy 

+1, I also miss the View buttons (File Status, Log, Search)

+1 please restore the gitflow,hgflow button to the toolbar.

According to the bug tracker referenced by @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] this will be restored in the 2.2.1 version.  Here is a link to the ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3384

+100

Besides, new icons are just ugly. Sorry to say so, but they're looking like done by some amateur

I think they look nice, but very difficult to differentiate from one another. Basically every time i want to do an action, I have to read from underneath, what icon it is.

I'm really confused with what seems like a really big step backwards in design.

4 votes

The icon will be back in the next bugfix release. Thanks for the feedback!

Another +1...

SourceTree lacks also on Push & Pull... All the time:

Sourcetree: Push & Pull troubels

+1, digging around through Menus and waiting for sub-menus to load is very annoying!

+1, that button is better for the new users, not all people know the shortcut, please add it again.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 6 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

85 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you