Sorry, there are no links available when using anonymous access, check the permission configuration of the remote application.

Deleted user April 2, 2014

I'm having an issue using application links between JIRA and Confluence. Both Jira and Confluence are on their own VMs sitting behind a proxy, and both use Crowd to authenticate users.

The application link is established easily enough, but when I go to link a project to a confluence space, I get the error "Sorry, there are no links available when using anonymous access, check the permission configuration of the remote application.".

Both outgoing and incoming authentication IP masks are set wide open as *.*.*.*, and the URL patterns are left blank. We are on an intranet isolated from the web so security is not an immediate concern - functionality is. OAuth and Basic Access are setup. Anonymous access is enabled for confluence, and remote API calls are enabled for JIRA.

These are fresh installs for an enterprise solution and I really need this to work, are there any ideas out there?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 8, 2014

As it turns out, we were having some timing issues with our SSL certifications. We were getting the "OLD_CERT; Certificate too old." error in the application links. The answer found on this other question was very useful in solving my problem: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/173396/error-when-added-jira-gadgets-on-confluence

Hopefully this will help out anyone else troubleshooting these issues.

0 votes
David Neufeld June 23, 2021

I was getting the same error in Confluence when I was trying to create a link within: {Space} >> Space Tools >> Integrations >> Application Links, to connect a Jira project.   At the time of the error I was using the local confluence administrator account.  I tried again with my user account, which has admin rights in Jira, Confluence, and the space itself.  With that account it worked - no 'anonymous access error'.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

Did you configure crowd with SSO?

Are you logged into both tools?

I ask because configuring space level links "project links" requires an admin in both tools. If SSO you shouldnt see that prompt, otherwise just authenticate to setup the links.

Deleted user April 2, 2014

Yes, I had active sessions in both applications at the time (two tabs in chrome). Crowd is configured with sso, and we have crowd.company.com, jira.company.com, and confluence.company.comas our three access URLs.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

and is this the issues macro? make sure to uncheck the anonymous box

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events