Sorry, a communication error occurred while trying to contact the remote authentication server.

DeepakBhatia June 26, 2012

Hi,

We are getting the following error in the atlassian-jira.log

2012-06-27 11:20:09,754 http-8080-16 ERROR anonymous 679x1064x2 1im7wo7 10.0.0.17 /login.jsp [crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'JIRA Delegated Authentication Directory' is not functional during authentication of 'molly.verma'. Skipped.

Please find the error in the log file above. Now we are not able to login in JIRA at all.

Please help us in resolving this.

Regards

Deepak Bhatia

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

It sounds like the credentials used to connect to your active directory are wrong. Have you double and triple checked them? Can you log into your AD via another means with those credentials, such as with Apache Directory Studio?

DeepakBhatia June 27, 2012

Yes, the DNS name used to attach LDAP Server to JIRA Delegated Authentication Directory, was changed by the IT Group. So we have to change the same in mysql database table.

Tomas Gustavsson August 4, 2014

HI I have about the same issue but in my case the URL to the LDAP server has changed and i have found that i maybe can update it in this table, SELECT attribute_value FROM [Jira_Prod_6.1].[dbo].[cwd_directory_attribute] Or is there an other one that should be changed

Suggest an answer