Sorry, a communication error occurred while trying to contact the remote authentication server..

Jerry P December 12, 2014

im getting this error after a restore backup., I did use the credentials from the origin backup.

.Sorry, a communication error occurred while trying to contact the remote authentication server..

kindly suppurt how to resolve this???thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Matthew Mares June 9, 2015

I had the same error after restarting our JIRA instance. Similar to what Nic said above, I had to restart Crowd as well since it wasn't connecting to our LDAP. Try that and let me know if that fixes your problem as well. 

hth

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2014

Hi Jerry, 

One good approach would be following the instructions of this page below to retrieve the local administrator access:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Once you can login with the local admin account, you should be able to adjust your LDAP settings, probably this backup that you have restored has configured an LDAP server that this server may not be able to connect, and should be adjusted accordingly.

I hope it helps.

Cheers.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2014

You need to debug the network connection to the authentication server.  Start by looking at the JIRA log - that should have more information on the error.

Jerry P December 13, 2014

Thanks Nic, can I undo/revert a restore on my jira instance., i have a backup copy if so how can i do it... i dont have the access to jira instance due to import of ldap users but with my jira i can access the remote files. if i can do something to change/remove ldal users from edit files etc thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2014

Well, yes, you could revert it, but that won't help you with these user issues. It sounds like your Jira can't connect to LDAP - whatever you do, you need to find and fix that.

Suggest an answer