Something I do not understand about a screen

Richard Hierro May 13, 2012

Hi

I made a screen, I made Screen scheme using that screen, an Issue Type Screen Scheme to map type and Screen scheme, I want to use the new screen for a new issue type, glop, when I creatd it. But when I create the issue, I see he default screen.

Could you, please, look that: http://screencast.com/t/jshzy2XOm ? Is that helpful?

Thanks for your help.

Cordially

Richard

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2012

Hi Richard,

I think I have managed to find out why the 'Create' Issue screen looks different from the 'Edit' issue Screen.

The reason for this is that on 'Create' issue screen you have selected the 'Custom' view. If you would select the 'All' view, then the screen created by you would show up (with tabs).

Hope that helps!
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

I'm not a UI expert but, why would that overide my custom screen setting?

if it had shown my screen and had hidden the fields that were not selected there it would have allowed me to resolve this issue without banging my head, but showing the default screen??

Richard Hierro May 15, 2012

Hi Ruchi!

Thank you for your answer and your time! A small error but I did not find it.

Thanks again, you cna close the ticket!

Cordially

Richard

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

Wonderful world of JIRA is full of surprises and gotchas at times.

just as a crazy thing to try out ..

put it all back to default and associate it again.

underlying Database might have gone corrupt for some reason that might be causing all this mess you never know.

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

i'm not good in doing UI customisation, All looks to be ok the only thing i can think of is your field configuration.

Have a look at your field configuration and see if there is anything there that is restricting all your fields showing up on those screens?

Hi Parthis!

In the field configuration, all the fields used by the custom screens have "show" active. And in fact, as it is the same custom screen and field configuration for the Edit action - it works for Edit - I suppose that is not here that the culprit is. That puzzles me, how the same custom screen with same configuration could work with the Edit action and not the Create? Both are mapped to this screen.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

Is the project associated with this screen scheme ?

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Project, check the screen scheme

Hi Radu!

Yes, it is. In the opening message, I posted a linq to a short video (about 1mn30) showing the configuration project. It seems to me that all is correct :(

0 votes

Hi Eva and thanks for you answer!

In fact, no, the custom screen does not appear for the others ticket types, just the default one, when I create an issue. The custum screen appears when I use Edit for the issues, it should appear too for Create.

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2012

does it work for other ticket type?

Suggest an answer