Somehow when creating an issue, it creates into another project?

We have checked the emails created for each project, but somehow when we create an issue in one project it is logging to the other project? How can this be when there is no affiliation in email notifications and Adirectory? Can someone please help us on this. Thank you!

4 answers

We have resolved issue.

I am assuming that the lack of explanation here means that your resolution was because you finally read the configuration of the handler, and that told you what you were missing.

Ahh, so looking at the handler told you that you had an odd email address then, and that led you to the duplicate. I see.

incorrect, was issue with an email having an alias with or jira support email. resolved.

0 vote

How are you creating the issues? In the UI, or by email? Or something else?

when creating within the project it will go to correct project, but when emailing outside of jira, it is sending to another project and not the correct one.. we have removed the affiliation in adir. and still is sending to wrong project.. this one has us flustered to we have tried everything.. any help be appreciated.

0 vote

Right, so it's the email that is failing.

Look at how the email service is configured - you probably have the wrong project set up in there. This has nothing to do with adirectory (whatever that may be) or notifications, it's in the handler setup.

yes we have checked that as well.. each service pop email setup is setup correctly.

Not the pop side, that must be ok for you to be processing emails. What about the handler - what exactly is the configuration of the handler? In fact, ALL of them, if you have more than one.

all our services are set correctly to: create or comment handler, as i said this just started happening just a couple days ago, only with the 2 projects somehow.. this is really becoming a pain.

<sigh>

What about the handler - what exactly is the configuration of the handler? In fact, ALL of them, if you have more than one.

They are all set to to create or comment handler in services.

I really can't ask this any more times without losing my temper.

what, exactly, is the configuration of the handler?

incorrect, issue was with email alias with jira support . closed

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,338 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot