Some times Email notifications not getting for comments made.

VenugopalY April 24, 2013

When users commnet tikcets from Outlook email client or Direct console, comments are getting update at ticket but some times for some of these comments NOT GETTING email notifications. Not sure where is the problem.

Verified System > Mail > Mail Queue, NO mail got stuck.

JIRA 5.2 version.

Let me know if any additional info needed.

Regards,

Venu.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi, these comments are like commenting from the add comment button on the issue? Or they are comments added on transitions? Could be something like @Henning indicated, when you do a comment with other 'activity' then it's another kind of event.

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Sometimes you'll get a Issue Updated Event, e.g if you comment and attach a file at the same time. Is the receiver in the notification setting for that event?

Henning

VenugopalY April 25, 2013

Hi Henning, This could be a reason i reproduced the problem my making More Actions -> Attach Files. we didn't receive email because Notifications disabled for Issue Updated Event.

Thanks for help.

1 vote
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2013

hi,

If all the below items are checked, then the email will be sent

• Mail server has to be enabled.
  • Required Users have to be added in the Issue Commented and Issue Comment Edited event in your Notification Scheme & this scheme has to be linked to the required project.
  • "Notify users of their own changes?" must be set to Yes under the User Preference (Admin Section)

If the mail is not going to a particular users after they have commented, then also check if "My Changes" value is equal to "Notify Me" in that Users login Check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+your+User+Profile for more details

VenugopalY April 24, 2013

Hi Chaithra, I have verified all above. But strangly for user x when he commented for first time associated members like Reporter, Assignee, All watchers and Multi User/Group Pickers got emails. for second and third comments none of we got emails including user x

0 votes
VenugopalY April 25, 2013

Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer