Some text linked ("nested") thorugh several stories

Wiktor June 22, 2021

There is a case described on a small example. I am going to make the several Stories placed under the Epic which is created to build new module in the software we are developing. I wolud like to "nest" some text which is a name of the certain column in the data base and it will be used in all Stories in the Epic.

The thing is: when I decide to change this name, it need to be changed in the all Stories. Is there some solution to link it, that the change of the text in one story will affect the rest Issues and it will be done automatically?

1 answer

0 votes
caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

When we change the name of the fix version it changes on all tickets

you can also do a bulk edit .. create new context in field then bulk edit from one to another 

I’ve also used labels this same way .. find everything with label x, bulk edit and replace by adding  a new label called y while bulk editing 

Wiktor June 22, 2021

I see your point but in my case it is about some text which is placed into Description field. Something similiar to the label which could be put into te text would working fine but I suppose it is not possible.

caglad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

if you mean, change some verbiage in the description from x to y, i am not sure that is possible.

Suggest an answer