Some of our Jira OnDemand users have lost access to All Jira projects...

Tyler Lee March 6, 2014

By default our Global Permissions say that any new users is added to the jira-users group and that this group has access to ALL projects.

A few of our users lost access to all projects. One user in particular could only access one project in our instance. After some troubleshooting, I found that he was not a member of another group called 'users.'

Is this 'users' group a default group in Jira or is it likely that someone set this is up as a custom group? I only recently began administering our instance and found that we didn't have config logging enabled AND we had more than a dozen team members assigned as "Admins"!

I'd like to know if the 'users' group (not role) is a group we should keep as it seems to be competing with our jira-users group. I'd also like to know why our team member's account wasn't able to see all projects when he wasn't a member of the 'users' group but WAS a member of the jira-users group.

1 answer

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2014

Hi Tyler,

I believe you are running into this issue I just reported: [UNIFIED-74|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/UNIFIED-74]

Please check the groups the user is in and the Project Roles and Permissions to find the problem. You can use the Permissions Helper to trouble shoot as well.

You will probably have add your users to the group 'users' to enable them access to all those projects where the Project Role (Users) is set to 'users'.

Feel free to vote and watch the issue for further updates.

Cheers,
Mauro

Suggest an answer