Some issues in the Saved Filter will not be shown on the board. View unmapped statuses which contain

Daniel Hurtubise March 12, 2019

We have multiple products/projects and I want to use a single sprint to manage development of multiple products by a single development team. The dev team members will develop across the various products on any given sprint.

To accomplish this I created a new project where the backlog is based on a custom issue filter. Using the same issue scheme and workflow scheme as the other projects, I only see a small subset (56 out of 8,000) of all the issues that I can see in the filter outside the project. 

When I go to the board settings, under filter I see the message: 

Some issues in the Saved Filter will not be shown on the board. View unmapped statuses which contain these issues.

If I click on the link in the message, I land on a sprint page which I fail to see a list of "unmapped statuses".

I've scoured the community databases and knowledge base I can't seem to find any helpful information on this.

I need help on how to rectify this situation but please let me know if I'm taking the wrong approach.

4 answers

1 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Hurtubise March 12, 2019

I figured this out. The link to "View unmapped statuses which contain these issues" was throwing me off. I finally found the documentation that answered my questions (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-your-scrum-backlog-764478062.html).

I went to the COLUMNS section in Board Settings and simply used drag-and-drop to move the statuses into the appropriate columns. Once I "classified" each status, all the issues from each project appeared in my project.

Jared Korinko May 16, 2019

Thanks - I wasted way too much time in fixing this. 

Like # people like this
Ed Barlow June 11, 2019

Thank you so much, this really threw me off as well.

Like # people like this
Andrew Hillson September 12, 2019

Thanks, I was very puzzled as well.

Like # people like this
Parag Deuskar January 16, 2020

Thank you so much! Especially the link completely threw me off as well. Your post saved the day! Thanks.

Like Chris Bosso likes this
Rengakrishnan Subramanian February 7, 2020

Thank you ! 

Jon R March 9, 2020

Thank you so much, this was not clear at all from the page.

Matthew Vik March 16, 2021

Bloody hell thank you for this! I've been banging my head against this particular wall for hours today

Oscar van der Meer September 6, 2023

Thanks, I could not figure this out. The error message and link were totally non-intuitive

0 votes
DENIS GALIPEAU May 17, 2021

Thanks, it works well for me.

0 votes
Violetta Balayan December 8, 2019

I had to solve it the same way, but on every board created off my project. 

0 votes
Arek Jarosiewicz October 23, 2019

To fix your issue, go to COLUMNS section in Board Settings, drag-and-drop your item with a warning to Unmapped Statuses column.

Suggest an answer