Some JIRA issues not showing up on Stash

Daniel Sobral July 19, 2013

I have Stash and JIRA configured with an application link configured as OAUTH. On Stash, it will display the issues besides the commits and on pull requests, and, on JIRA, the source tab shows the commits.

However, for some (most?) issues, if I click on them on Stash, I get an empty pop up page instead of being shown the issue. I can search for these issues on JIRA and see them, and other issues do display from Stash.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Update:

There's the following stack trace on JIRA:

2013-07-19 18:23:22,799 http-nio-8199-exec-29 ERROR username 1103x4256060x1 vtj1i3 application-link-ips /rest/api/2/search [onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyCustomField]
javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.NullPointerException
javax.script.ScriptException: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.eval(GroovyScriptEngineImpl.java:117)
        at javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(AbstractScriptEngine.java:216)
        at javax.script.ScriptEngine$eval.call(Unknown Source)
        at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyCustomField.getValueFromIssue(GroovyCustomField.groovy:150)
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl.getJsonFromIssue(CustomFieldImpl.java:2227)
        at com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder.getFieldValue(IssueBeanBuilder.java:256)
        at com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBeanBuilder.addFields(IssueBeanBuilder.java:177)

Given the "custom field" thingy, I looked at the fields on tickets, and noticed that all tickets with "Time tracking" do not show up. Any more clues?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2013

Have you reviewed logs in both systems? If there is nothing there, I would recommend turning up logging on both systems, duplicate the issue and then review logs.

Thanks! I'll update the question with more information.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2013

This doesn't explain the underlying problem, but it looks like JIRA has improved the error handling for custom fields in later versions.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27744

What version of JIRA are you running?

Still on 5-something, but there's a planned upgrade soon.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2013

Hi Daniel,

I was hoping someone would reply before now. I wish I could help, but this is out of my domain.

Forgive the dumb question, but is Time Tracking a core JIRA field or part of a 3rd party plugin? If the latter it may be worth sending an email to the plugin developer.

Charles

0 votes

Not at all. I tried adding both JIRA and Stash tags, but the system wouldn't let me.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2013

Hi Daniel,

I hope you don't mind but I added some JIRA tags to open this up to a wider audience.

Charles

Suggest an answer