Some Epics have long red bars?

David Doria October 26, 2017

Most of my epics are displayed as short grey bars. However, some of them also have very long red bars. Any idea what causes that?

2 answers

1 vote
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2017

Hello David,

It seems like you have enabled a Critical Path view. In order to disable it and get rid of red colour indicating the path, please open a View on the Gantt's header, then Show and Critical Path

CP.png

Regards,

Piotr of SP Support

David Doria October 27, 2017

@Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]

Ah, not that red bar :). It's a lighter red and it is half the height of the row but has the "tails" on either end. I've added a screenshot below. I did notice that it seems to only appear on the Sprint rows. The grey bar seems to indicate the start and end of the sprint (but what are the tails?), but what is the red bar?

Thanks!

redbar.png

Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 3, 2017

Ohhh. These red bars! :D
Those are 'markers' which we call 'deferred tasks' and they appear on your chart whenever data entered in Jira is different from calculations made by the plugin itself.

[ More about 'deferred tasks' can be found in our Documentation. ]

Of course, their presence does not mean that Project is managed in a wrong way. It only indicates (hints out) variance between two sets of information. (actual vs. plugins projection)

Ilze Schoeman November 13, 2018

Hi, I have been searching through the documentation but I'm struggling to find the explanation of what these red dotted markers are and how to get rid of them! Please can you point me in the direction of where in the documentation these two things are explained? Thanks in advance! 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

It could be done by javascript which can be embbed in a plugin or announcement bar or in field description.

Suggest an answer