So... what happened to "attach a screenshot"?

Alison Hopkins November 5, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Software 7.0.0 release notes

So... what happened to "attach a screenshot"? It's not mentioned here but it's disappeared with the most recent release. Attaching a file requires many more steps than dropping in a screenshot so it's a sucky work-around that clutters my hard drive and damages my calm.

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Wyers November 12, 2015

It may help if they update the following post (dated Sept 15) as I have spend ages trying to workout what I had done wrong when I couldn't see it in the menu

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/blog/2015/09/getting-the-right-data-from-users-to-ease-developer-pain

Encourage explanatory screenshots 

If it's difficult to explain the entire situation in words, adding a screenshot will help clarify. Adding attachments to issues in JIRA Software is simple.

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2015

The 'Attach Screenshot' menu item has been deliberately removed to simplify the menu in favor of copy and paste, see Atlassian's status update on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44931for details:

We shipped some improvements in how attachments can be added this week and here's the new pieces we added:

• Drag and drop functionality: Grab files from anywhere and drop them to an issue.
  • Copy and paste: You can now paste files directly to an issue too.

As part of this, we decided to remove the Attach Screenshot option to simplify the menu. But the functionality remains unchanged, i.e. you can still take screenshots with the same keyboard and then just paste on to the issue. You will get the same dialog where you can rename the screenshot.

Suggest an answer