So I am working with conditional workflows.

Evan Golden September 25, 2015

I am working with conditional workflows.  I have 3-4 conditions on transitions, and it makes multiple transition buttons appear.  Any idea how to work with the conditional workflows to make the only button option appear that should appear?

For example.  My conditions are both number values and strings (using yes/no radio buttons)

If the value is < or = 10 then the person in the route chain should be able to approve only if also the 3 radio button string conditions equal NO.  I am seeing multiple options in the transitions, and not sure how to only display the option they should have.

Any help would be great!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

I'm not sure what you're doing here.  A condition does NOT make anything appear.  A condition hides a transition if the condition is not met.  If you have 4 conditions on a transition, then all four of them have to pass for the transition to be offered to the user.

If you're getting multiple transitions on offer, then you're adding more transitions, not conditions.

2 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

Workflow transitions has 3 sections; conditions, validators, post functions. If you enter correct condition to conditions section (pay attention to AND, OR) you should only see valid transitions/actions. Checking value of a custom field does not available in core JIRA you will need a plugin like Workflow Toolbox

Suggest an answer