Snapshot of jira issues statuses on the specific date

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

Is it possible to get snapshot of jira issues statuses on the specific date? For example, I want to get statuses of issues for my project on 27th of January. It seems that it is not possible to do this with JQL. Are there any other approaches?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

To make use of plain JIRA:

Make a couple of filters for your status, and add one "Issue Statistics' gadget per filter in a dashboard (say using Project Name as the criteria). So you will get count of one status per gadget.

status WAS "Open" DURING ("2013/01/27","2013/01/27")

There can be a small issue as those issues which got transitioned during that day will appear in multiple statuses (so pickup a holiday to avoid that situation, which is true in this case)

1 vote
Nauman Farooq: M-1701 July 6, 2018

We dont want to be specific about the status. It can be any status. Is there a way to do it with standard JQL or is there any point in time reporting available ?

Naama Betzalel August 1, 2018

try this:

AND status was in (***add all relevant statuses you have***)  ON ('YYYY/MM/DD')

Bryan Ricker July 31, 2020

Won't this still show the current status of the ticket though? Not the status of the ticket on that date.

Naama Betzalel August 5, 2020

For the actual tickets statue you are correct - JIRA is dynamic and there for will present the current status.

but JQL result is all tickets that where on the status you searched on this specific date.

JQL should run per status 

air455 December 10, 2020

The above query will list the ticket that has the specific status on a specific date. However, if the status of the ticket got changed several times on the date then that ticket will meet the criteria for several status.

If I only want to find the tickets that has DONE status as the "last status" for the specific date, how should I write the query?

Like Gregor Flückiger likes this
Michal Gasparovic January 20, 2021

did you figure it out @air455  ? looking at the same here. cheers

Naama Betzalel January 25, 2021

@air455 @Michal Gasparovic  
add to the JQL - 

AND Current status in <status u want>

so jql should be:
Project in (PROJECT) AND status was in (STATUS) ON ('YYYY/MM/DD') and status in (STATUS)

Suggest an answer