Snap! Your Service Desk Team inexplicably can't see your queues anymore

roymeo March 7, 2016

This is the JIRA Cloud with a bunch of older Software projects and a newer Service Desk one.

I still see myself and a list of 15 other people on the Service Desk Team view, but we get this cute

"Snap! You can't view this page

You need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page. Contact your administrator if you need access."

page when we try to open our usual queue link: https://vigilent.atlassian.net/projects/VS/queues/1

No one's known to have made any changes (and the info on the screen doesn't match what the error says...).

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
roymeo March 7, 2016

Looks like it was a billing-related item. Though our free trial ended quite a while ago and I thought we had done the necessary work to make it real, the trial finally expired and started locking us out.

Cog > Discover new applications > and then activate the Service Desk solved it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

Interesting - could you check that you and your users are still Service Desk "agents"?

roymeo March 7, 2016

Yes, the "Service Desk Team" is still there.  There is no actual agent role, the language of the error screen and of how you configure people differs.

When I hit Settings-Gear > Projects > our Service Desk Project > Users and roles >

I see the 16 of us who were on the 'team' last week listed in the "Service Desk Team" section, as well as Administrators (me and a couple others), Developers (me), and Service Desk Customers.

The popup selection list for "roles" when adding a new person on this page:

Administrators

Developers

ProdMgmgt  [sic]

Service Desk Customers

Service Desk Team

Tempo Project Managers

Users

ensemblebd May 11, 2017

I already had the service-desk-users group in Crowd.
So I noticed on the administration page for [Application Access] under the [Application] tab, that Jira is instead looking in a group called "jira-servicedesk-users-1"  , so it created a new group at time of installation, therefore no one has access. 

In short... make sure you have users in the correct group, and that the group you think Service Desk is using, is in fact correct. Aka Atlassian shouldn't append a #1 if the group already exists, but w/e.

Suggest an answer