Smart commit transition does not post comment to the issue despite transition having a screen

Abhishek Bafna June 19, 2017

I have smart commits enabled on Fisheye working with an SVN repository. The commit comment 

TEST-1 #fixed Bug 1 fixed.

does make the issue transition to the 'fixed' status but does not post a comment to the issue. Any ideas what I might be missing?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Hi,

Has this ever worked for you?  The first thing I would do is go through the Smart Commits are not populating the JIRA comment tab article.  If that does not work I would next examine the network traffic. 

I have seen these kinds of issues when one of the network devices is dropping the REST API calls from FishEye to JIRA.  I would replicate the issue and get with the network admin to see what the traffic in the proxy and load balancer looks like to see where the traffic may be getting dropped.

Cheers,

Branden

Abhishek Bafna June 19, 2017

Thanks for the reply. The comments go through when I use the #comment keyword in the smartcommit. It just doesn't do the same with #fixed. I am guessing that since the former is possible, the network should be fine?

thai March 5, 2018

I follow Workflow transitions document. But It not working. please fix or confirm document. I have to commit -m "TEST-1 #fixed #comment Bug 1 fixed." in this case.

Suggest an answer