Smart commit message not working properly

lophat April 22, 2013

Evaluating JIRA 5.2.11 Fisheye/Crucible 2.10.4

Using Git I make the following commit:

git commit -m "TTWCS-8 #time 1w #comment Finally Done! +review TcMh"

The code shows up in the in the Source tab, but no comment, time update or review appears. Can I not do Crucible and JIRA smart actions together? Any other insights?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2013

Hi James,

To use FE smart commits, please check the following information:

Hope its help.

Regards, John

lophat April 23, 2013

I had the application link set, but smart commits were off. Thanks!

lophat April 24, 2013

Thanks again for your help. the #comment now works, but #time does not, and also the comment includes the +review flag. So it looks like "Finally Done! +review TcMh". If I combine the smart commit "flags" is there a particular order they should be in?

John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2013

Hi James,

Maybe the documentation able to help you where you can see how the format run in smart commits:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Using+smart+commits#Usingsmartcommits-Advancedcommandlinesyntax

2 votes
pojczyk March 16, 2016

Smart commits with DVCS. User email must mach in:

• JIRA user
  • Bitbucket user (commiter)
  • in your .gitconfig in section user

I had wrong email address in my .gitconfig and smart commits not work propertly.

Haluk Tutuk August 9, 2017

Brilliant! That was the thing for me. My email was changed in GitHub, hence smart commits were not working anymore. Updated email address in C:\Users\<theUser>\.gitconfig file and problem solved. Thanks.

0 votes
Conor
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2013

In particular note that smart commits are disabled by default if you have any DVCS repositories.

Suggest an answer