Smart Dropdown or Field options

Kyle Jansen June 20, 2017

Hi All,

I was looking for a way to create a custom field that is either a dropdown field or radio button field that is a smart field. The field once answered with of of the options open up another set of questions pertaining to that exact option that was selected. So if another option is selected in the smart field another set of fields that can also be dropdowns or radio type fields appear.

Is this a possibility in standard JIRA Software (server) or is there a addon that can do what i am discribing?

Thanks & Regards,

Kyle

3 answers

0 votes

Awesome, i will have a look into all of these options

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

JIRA has a "cascading select" field, but that's a simple "select one item to determine the options in the second half"

For different types of field, showing and hiding fields and so-on, you need add-ons for field types that support that.  Or you will want to take a look at ScriptRunner's Behaviours module, which enable you to layer rules over standard JIRA fields to make them behave in that way.

Kyle Jansen June 21, 2017

thanks for the reply

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2017

Hi Kyle,

We use the Dynamic Forms plugin for this. There may be other plugins that also provide the same functionality, but Dynamic Forms does a great job!

Thanks you for the suggestion!

Suggest an answer