Smart Dropdown or Field options

Hi All,

I was looking for a way to create a custom field that is either a dropdown field or radio button field that is a smart field. The field once answered with of of the options open up another set of questions pertaining to that exact option that was selected. So if another option is selected in the smart field another set of fields that can also be dropdowns or radio type fields appear.

Is this a possibility in standard JIRA Software (server) or is there a addon that can do what i am discribing?

Thanks & Regards,

Kyle

3 answers

0 vote
Daniel Eads Community Champion Jun 20, 2017

Hi Kyle,

We use the Dynamic Forms plugin for this. There may be other plugins that also provide the same functionality, but Dynamic Forms does a great job!

Thanks you for the suggestion!

0 vote

JIRA has a "cascading select" field, but that's a simple "select one item to determine the options in the second half"

For different types of field, showing and hiding fields and so-on, you need add-ons for field types that support that.  Or you will want to take a look at ScriptRunner's Behaviours module, which enable you to layer rules over standard JIRA fields to make them behave in that way.

thanks for the reply

Awesome, i will have a look into all of these options

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,323 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot