Smart Commits not working with Jira-Fisheye-Stash

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

I'm using Jira 5.2.1, Fisheye 2.9.1 and Stash 1.3.1 (not sure if Stash matters here).

In Jira I made a project called "Admin Test Project" with the key ATP, and I made 8 dummy bugs in it.

In Stash I made a project called "Test Project 01" with a key TP, and added a handful of dummy text files.

I added the Stash repo to Fisheye.

Jira & Fisheye have a trusted application link both ways. I don't have a project link setup, per Atlassian documentation (Fisheye 2.9 and higher, project links are no longer recommended).

I commit in Stash with the following:

git commit -m "ATP-8 #comment Test comment."

The fisheye log says this:

2012-12-04 10:41:52,930 WARN [CommitNotifier1 ] com.atlassian.fecru.plugin.commithook.internal.DefaultCommitHookManager DefaultCommitHookManager-collateErrors - Error while processing a commit directive handled by plugin com.atlassian.fecru.plugin.commithook.fecru-jiracommithook-plugin:jiracommithook for changeset 6a6c07244704b4c57630cabc5715048ed4cfef7f in repository TestRepo01:

JIRA issue not found: ATP-8

(I've tried other #'s, they all say the same thing, issue not found).

If I go in Jira, I can search for ATP-8 and it finds it. I've tried both Trusted Application and OAuth, both seemed to act the same (issue not found). I've removed the application link between Jira and Fisheye, and recreated it as Trusted Application only, and I definitely get issue not found again.

Any ideas? Do we have security too tight somewhere?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

I think I figured it out - I had another user with my email address, and once I changed that to something else (so the "right" user - the one Jira knew - now was the only person with that email address) smart commits started working.

I don't want to dig in and reproduce it, but I also saw an issue with case sensitivity in Stash/Fisheye - two authors show up if you have the same email address with mixed case. Oddly enough, both had the same Gravatar avatar, so somewhere it's calling Gravatar with just one case.

If you use Crowd to connect to AD, you get the option to convert everyone to lower case, but you don't get that option if you use Jira to connect to AD, and then have Stash & Fisheye use Jira as their user server.

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2012

Any ideas? Should I open up a support ticket?

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2012

I created a custom security scheme with "anyone" set to every permission (including adminster project) to try to rule out a security issue for Fisheye to be kept getting told there's no issue with that name; it made no difference that I could see.

Leaving everything else the same, I tried the Crucible integration. Crucible seems to be fine - if I commit with:

git commit -m "ATP-7 #comment next try +review @username"

Fisheye logs this:

2012-12-04 15:15:16,821 WARN [CommitNotifier1 ] com.atlassian.fecru.plugin.commithook.jira.commands.CommandHandler CommandHandler-doForEachIssue - No issue with key 'ATP-7' found in any configured JIRA servers

2012-12-04 15:15:16,910 DEBUG [CommitNotifier1 ] net.java.ao.sql DatabaseProvider$LoggingSqlListener-onSql - SELECT * FROM AO_B434B9_WEB_HOOK WHERE REPO_NAME = ? or REPO_NAME is null

2012-12-04 15:15:16,932 WARN [CommitNotifier1 ] com.atlassian.fecru.plugin.commithook.internal.DefaultCommitHookManager DefaultCommitHookManager-collateErrors - Error while processing a commit directive handled by plugin com.atlassian.fecru.plugin.commithook.fecru-jiracommithook-plugin:jiracommithook for changeset a90056a50bb62305ccbd120b7acde3b232eeb499 in repository TestRepo01:

JIRA issue not found: ATP-7

But a review is created in Crucible and assigned to the user named. Since Crucible & Fisheye are on the same codebase/config, this is confusing.

Crucible shows the name of the review as "ATP-7 #comment next try" with ATP-7 a valid link to the issue in Jira. It removed the +review @username.

In Jira there is nothing under comment, but under source:

"ATP-7 #comment next try +review @username" with it all plain text.

In Fisheye it shows:

"ATP-7 #comment next try +review @username" with ATP-7 a valid link to the issue.

Any ideas? Why does Crucible work?

-Kelly

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

The atlassian-jira-security.log file contains the following every 60 seconds:

2012-12-04 12:11:08,767 http-bio-8080-exec-19 anonymous 731x126679x2 1o9z5c9 x.x.x.x /rest/usermanagement/1/user/group/nested login : 'Fisheye' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

2012-12-04 12:11:28,295 http-bio-8080-exec-16 anonymous 731x126686x1 1qx9o19 x.x.x.x /rest/usermanagement/1/authentication login : 'StashVM' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

Those names - Fisheye & StashVM - are the Jira User Server names I used when setting up authentication. However, I can go to both Stash & Fisheye and synchronise users/groups just fine. Why is this logging over and over?

Suggest an answer