Slow performance on Next-gen project on Cloud

Andrew Pontes April 3, 2019

Hi Community and Jira Support,

I have noticed that my Next_gen project on my Jira Cloud instance has been unbearably slow this week. Is anyone else experience similar issue and could Jira Support please have  look if there is any issues with my Cloud instance?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Patterson October 31, 2019

I don't have any answer either, but wanted to chime in that ours is unbearably slow too.  It seems to have been getting progressively slower the more tasks we add.  We're up to about 800 tasks at this point and the board is almost unusable.

Daniel Hurtubise October 31, 2019

Jeff, are you using any filters on your project? I added a filter to reduce the number of records and that seems to have helped. I also upgraded my laptop at the same time so I'm sure that plays into it.

Andrew Pontes October 31, 2019

I noticed that when I disabled 'Show cover images' the performance improved on the dashboard. I believe the image loading of each issue is quite resource intensive for the browser.

Agnieszka Gillespie November 15, 2019

My next gen board has been painfully slow for a long time now. There're around 800 issues on it now and it's taking ages both for the board to load and to open individual issues. I disabled showing cover images but not much change. 

Atlassian are you looking into it? there anything else worth trying? thanks

Jeff Patterson November 15, 2019

Hello @Agnieszka Gillespie   I opened a ticket with Atlassian Support and the guy was very good and helpful.  He told me there are known issues with NextGen projects and the DEV team is definitely aware of them.  I got the impression they are not used as often as Classic Project and he suggest converting to a Classic Project because they have no performance problems like the NextGen projects, but we like several of the features of NG projects so we're going to stick with it and hope they make improvements soon.

Another thing to double check is to make sure your issues are rolling off the board after 14 days of them being "Closed".  We had an issue with ours not rolling off because I wasn't properly closing them and he explained how to properly do that.

0 votes
Daniel Hurtubise August 15, 2019

Mine is very slow, especially when working with RingCentral screen share. 

Suggest an answer