Slow loading of batch.js file

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Hi Guys

We upgraded JIRA to 6.3.10 on our test instance.

And we observe that intermittently performance issue. It takes around 30-50 sec just to load the issue. (Note: This is also replicable on 6.1)

When i investigated, i find that the slowness is entirely caused due to slow loading of batch.js file.

I am aware of JRA-37337 and that it is claimed to be fixed in 6.3. But i am still experiencing this.

Is any of our other users still facing this issue? 

Is there any workaround? 

How can i stop this batch.js file for loading everytime?

Rahul

2 answers

1 vote
Gerrit Griebel September 22, 2015

Another rather bizarre reason for lagging: I was accessing JIRA through mod_proxy of apache using a source IP with no reverse DNS resolution. Somewhere in the Apache config "localhost" was mentioned, which caused Apache to do reverse lookups using a rather slow MS DNS service. Changing it to "127.0.0.1" resolved my problem.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2020

Hm, interesting

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Hey,

The batch file is also used like a cache for customizations, CSS, java scripts that must be loaded.
A test that I would do, is try to "clean" the cache of the batch to see if it will make a difference. Being that said, you need to shutdown JIRA, then go to <install-folder>/work and rename the file that is there, then start JIRA.

Check if it's loading faster.

Cheers,
WZ

Suggest an answer