We have problem, that SAOP service ir slow. Connected system gets response in more than one minute. It is atfter that we changed from JIRA 4.0.2 to 6.2.3. I know, that SOAP is deprecated in this version, but ...
For some two weeks we got in running fast after we switched off Hipchat plugin. But is seems, that it was not a reason, because after restart problem cam back.
Then, serching through log files, i found record
10.20.21.116 529x3346856x3 kvi_tcuy [13/Feb/2015:08:49:34 +0200] "POST /rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2 HTTP/1.1" 200 93145 676 "-" "Java1.6.0_45" "-"
There ir JAVA version mentioned, but we are using 1.7.0_71 (this is shown also in System info) .
1.6.0_45 was java version, which we used in JIRA 4.0.2.
From where this JAVA version is coming in that POST function?
Maybe that is a probleme, and we should make some configuration changes somewere elese, not only in main configuration files.
I talked with our SAOP guy already before. He told, that he is not givin nothing about JAVA version, and theres no need to pass that version, becauses we are not exchanging JAVA code between systems. So we concluded, that it could come form JIRA RPC , when JIRA already worked on that data and is POSTing them in to database or something like that.
As is frequently the case, Nic is exactly right, here. In the default logging configuration, that field is the "user agent" string that is reported by the HTTP *client* -- specifically, the SOAP client you are using. Your SOAP guy doesn't have to give it explicitly for this to happen. The JDK itself will initialize the User-Agent string if you don't set it with -Dhttp.agent first, although with the hotspot JDK it usually has a slightly different format than this. In any case, no, that is not coming from JIRA.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG