Slack Jira integration and notification

Sharmila Radjasegarane November 29, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to create a notification automation in Jira. 

The automation triggers at a specific time(every week once), and sends assigned users all the list of issues with specific status .

I have a problem to add the slack webhook of a dedicated channel, because it will not be a specific channel but individual message to user. Is there a way to link the automation to Jira app in the Slack?

Thanks for the helpScreenshot 2022-11-29 at 11.32.17.png

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik Korovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hello @Sharmila Radjasegarane

In the screenshot you sent you can see that you can override the rule to be sent to a specific channel. What exactly are you experiencing issues with?

Sharmila Radjasegarane November 29, 2022

Hello @Patrik Korovsky 

thanks for your message,

I am not sure what channel i will assign - there are 20 people in the company and I want the issues assigned to each user to receive custom notif to themselves alone at a frequency of once a week.

There should be a way to notif with automation globally, a userassigned(of list of issue s he/she is assigned to) or using the slack-jira app to send the message. Does this sort of integration exist, and how do I implement it?

Suggest an answer