• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Slack Jira: as admin I configured slack with Jira and I see issues in Slack..How do I set up the rest of the team so they also see issues in Slack from Jira?

Slack Jira: as admin I configured slack with Jira and I see issues in Slack..How do I set up the rest of the team so they also see issues in Slack from Jira?

Vlad Pierre May 4, 2016

I can see the channel and have set that up..all issues going in that one channel....Question:: Is it possible to send issue direclty to a @user account in Slack as opposed to a channel, instead of their work email?

2 answers

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

It's easy using Jirassimo add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo/cloud/overview)

You will need to create a messenger and in "Channel" textarea write something like this:

"@user"   

without the quotes. This will do the trick for hardcoded usernames in Slack, but if you need to dynamically resolve Slack user from email, then you can use the following construct:

{{#issues}} {{#fields}} {{#settingValue key=reporter.emailAddress}}{{/settingValue}} {{/fields}} {{/issues}}

Here, Jirassimo will pick up the email address of reporter and resolve it against Slack @user that you configure under Jirassimo settings page as key=value list.

Hope this helps,

Vladimir@Jirassimo

0 votes
Fouad-Emmanuel Yazbeck June 30, 2016

Did you find a solutions for this question? 

Suggest an answer