Slack Integration with JIRA

Neeraj_Gupta January 18, 2018

Hi ,

We are using JIRA 6.1(server) in our organization. and we wanted to integrate Slack with JIRA. Can someone provide the steps for the integration? 

I referred https://slack.com/apps/A0F7YS3MZ-jira-server-alerts provided in one of discussion in this community only. But I didn't find any steps here.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hi Neeraj,

For Slack integration, I'm assuming you mean something along the lines of "When an issue is created or updated in this project meeting these criteria, send a message to a Slack channel".

You're going to want to use a plugin for that, and unfortunately the only one for Server is not compatible with JIRA 6.1.

I would suggest going through a couple upgrade cycles to get to a newer Jira version. Atlassian supports Server releases for 2 years after the first release in a feature version - Jira 7.1 is the oldest supported version (although support for it ends Feb 10). Because you're on a pre-7 version, the upgrade path you're going to want to follow is 6.1 -> 6.4 -> 7.0 -> 7.x .

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer