• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Single select field loses selections on Edit screen

Hi,

My name is Batu. Me and my teammates having a bit of a problem with one of our custom fields which is a single select list field that has two diffirent contexts. 

As an environment we have Jira Software 8.5.1 and we just upgraded it from version 8.4.2. So it is safe to say the issue has been brought to our attention in previous version. Still continues though. 

If you allow me to explain you how and what exactly happened, I think we'll have a story to work on. About last month while we were working on a project, this field which named as "Tip" (It literally means "type" in our language) seemed needed. It is a single select list that has a multiple options to choose. In the project we were developing, we have been asked to limit this options to three. So we did it. default context was globally used for all issue types and projects. what we did is adding another context for one issue type and three projects only. Till this moment the field that keeps its selections started to loose it on edit screen. 

Obviously, we started to look what causes this. I saw some conversations on community between the leaders and people has the kind of same problem on their environment. Their problem was make the "None" field go away. That's where the kind of comes in, on our environment the field that looses its selection shows "None" option because it hasn't a default value. I tried to use it as a solution but  it doesn't meet with the requirements. 

What's needed is while editing we would like field kept it's selection. "How could we do that?" is the main question I'm asking right now. Hope the info above is enough. If don't please let me know what you need to assess the situation and I'll try to provide it. 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey there,

If anyone still checking the issue, we solved it. Turns out it was an db issue from the beginning. How so? Let me explain;

We had this context on custom field with a lot of options. While we decreasing the options to three with another context, I forgot to fields written the db with the default contexts option id's(rookie mistake).

As soon as we changed the option id values with the correct context option ids everything went back to normal. Make sure you check your db if you have more than one context any custom field you created.

Kind regards,

Batuhan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you