Single-Line Description in Dashboard Filter Results

Hobbes April 8, 2015

In a Dashboard "Filter Results" Gadget, the user can edit the gadget and add "Description" to the "Columns to display".

A problem with that though is that the full description text is displayed which results in issues, that have lengthy descriptions, making the dashboard rows very tall. This worst when the dashboard rows are intended to be a single line's height each.

Is there any way to add a Auto-Sizing, Single-Line, Description field to a Filter Results gadget - such that it pulls in as much description text as it can but constrains it to a single line and to the width of it's column?

This would be for a JIRA Cloud setup.

1 answer

0 votes
saravanan subramanian April 8, 2015

What I did in our JIRA instance for this is - I created a custom field called short description - written a script to get the value of the description - trimmed it to one line - update the short description field with that value and then displays it in the filter results gadget. 

Hobbes April 8, 2015

Thanks, however as best I know I have no scripting support for JIRA because we're using JIRA Cloud (not a JIRA Server). I updated the question to reflect that.

Suggest an answer