Single-Line Description in Dashboard Filter Results in JIRA Cloud

Hobbes April 10, 2015

In a Dashboard "Filter Results" Gadget, the user can edit the gadget and add "Description" to the "Columns to display".

A problem with that though is that the full description text is displayed which results in issues, that have lengthy descriptions, making the dashboard rows very tall. This is worst when the dashboard rows are intended to be a single line's height each.

Is there any way to add a Auto-Sizing, Single-Line, Description field to a Filter Results gadget - such that it pulls in as much description text as it can but constrains itself to a single line and also to the width of it's column?

This is for a JIRA Cloud setup, which rules out any Scripting solutions as there currently is no Scripting add-on for Cloud.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hobbes April 17, 2015

As Clarissa pointed out, this is not yet possible, so I added a new suggestion for this idea which is tracked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42938

1 vote
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

Hi Hobbes,

I'm afraid it is not possible to define that. There's an open improvement regarding this request being tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37033

Please add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Hobbes April 16, 2015

Hi Clarissa, that open improvement is related but different. In that open improvement they have rows with multi-line descriptions that are causing whitespace in other fields; and they are suggesting that that whitespace gets used by showing more information in those fields. What's I'm after if different, in that I want to be able to condense multi-line descriptions down into a single-line, to effectively show a preview of the description without causing all that wasted whitespace. This also allows for keeping a Dashboard to have single line rows, so that more rows can stay on screen.

Suggest an answer