Simple scripted validator

jOhn Simonson February 10, 2014

Is there a way to check of a "non-custom" field has a particular value?

I want to make sure the "Resolution" is "Not an Issue", but the script

cfValues['Resolution'] like 'Not an Issue'

does not work - it also does not complain that 'Resolution' is apparently not in "cfValues".

Is there a construct available for referencing the "Resolution"?

Thanks - jOhn -

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Actually exactly the opposite - the "Resolution" must be "Not an Issue".
To clarify (using our state names, which are irrelevant to the problem):
during a transition from "Verification" to "Cancelled",
the action "Set Issue to Cancelled" shall be possible only if "Resolution" is "Not an Issue".
I was using the

• Workflow > Transition "Set to Cancelled" > Validator:
  • Build-in Scripts: Simple scripted validator: "Has a custom field equal to"

but since "Resolution" is not a custom field, this was not working.

I was hoping for a simple way to access the value of "Resolution", and your code did the trick after changing it to

issue.resolution?.name == 'Not an Issue'

Thanks - jOhn -

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

In a different approach, since the transition accepts only one resolution, you could just add a post function that set the resolution to "Not an Issue" instead of using a validator.

I guess the idea is to make the user really aware of what s/he is doing when cancelling an Issue after it has already been "integrated" and "verified" (those are the transitions we have after "opened").

I had also thought of that type of post function, but the stakeholders went with the validator.

0 votes
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

if i get it right you want to have a validator that will be evaluated to true only if issue resolution is not "Not an issue"

Then you have to add the following code in transitions that you set the resolution

issue.resolution?.name != 'Not an Issue'

Suggest an answer