Simple client project portal onto JIRA project?

Bris Vegan April 15, 2013

I'm new to Atlassian products but from what I've seen the tools are amazing for developers and other production staff.

However, I'm keen to know if it's (easily) possible to create a simplified client project portal / window into a JIRA project, only displaying the basics that non-technical clients need in order to engage with the project management process. Exposing them to JIRA I fear would scare them off.

I gather Confluence can provide a window into JIRA, but how customisable is that i.e. how simple can I make it for clients, whilst still providing them with the information and functionality they need?

E.g. devs need to have access to git commit messages, diff/compare and internal private technical discussions, but more often than not clients only need to see the status / progress of an overarching ticket describing a larger feature.

Is there a demo somewhere showing this sort of simplified client project portal in action?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

You could consider creating a separate dashboard for your clients, and populate it with all the information/gadgets that are relevant to them.

Have a look at these pages for additional information on Dashboards:
Customising the Dashboard
Configuring the Default Dashboard
Using Dashboard Gadgets
Managing Multiple Dashboard Pages

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2013

Another nice way to visualize an issue workflow is to use a custom kanban board in Greenhopper. And then add the Greenhopper board to a custom dashboard for your users. You can play with filters, quick filters and swimlanes to give them the exact information they want in one go.

Suggest an answer