Simple Marketplace Workflow with epic and improvement issue types?

Jason Powell September 23, 2015

I previously used an on-premise instance of JIRA that was configured with a default workflow that contained epic and improvement issue types.

I've searched the Marketplace for a similar workflow, but without any luck.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

A simple task+subtask workflow is not going to suffice for this project. I can live without the "improvement" issue type, but I have to have "epic" available in my workflow. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

JP

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Powell September 24, 2015

Solved: I selected basic JIRA Cloud (which does not include the Greenhopper/Agile functionality), rather than JIRA Agile (which does).

Agile is required if you want "Epic" issue type functionality.

Upgrading to Agile fixed this.

JP

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

Workflow and issue type are two totally different things.

The issue types you see in your project are selected by your "issue type scheme".  If you want to have Epics and Improvements in your project, look at the issue type scheme and add them from the global list.  If you don't have Epic on the list of available issue types, go to the list of issue types and add it.

Workflow is the process an issue follows.  You can define lots of these, and then set up projects to use one or many.

There is a link - you can set it up so that "issue type A uses workflow X in project ABC, workflow Y in project DEF and issue type B follows workflow Z in both projects".  But a workflow does not include an issue type at all.

Suggest an answer