Simple Issue Tracking project is using 'unresolved' as the resolution?

Bruce Boutet August 18, 2015

Our first project employing Simple Issue Tracking has our users confused.The resolution field displays but is not editable, and the resolution is always "unresolved". It appears the resolution default should be 'done'.

I am unable  to update the post conditions on the workflow to transition the resolution from 'unresolved'  to 'done'. I am unable to remove or hide  the resolution field from the screen (unless I want to write custom javascript). How have people dealt with this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruce Boutet August 24, 2015

Joe, Thanks for your insights, The users have chosen to employ another workflow rather than deal with these options.

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2015

The resolution field is used by JIRA in several of the built in filters and indicates the issue is completed. For instance the 'assigned to me' filter only shows issues that are 'unresolved' (The red 'unresolved' display indicates the field is null in the database). Once ANY value is put in the field it no longer shows in the assigned to me filter. The open vs. resolved filter also relies on the field being null. The field is always displayed on the issue details screen. It should only be displayed on screens used in transitions where you want to set it. I don't see why you would want the default to be 'done'. That  would imply the issue is completed when entered.

Suggest an answer