Simple Calendar is slow

Hi,

we have a JIRA 6.4.1 with Simple Calendar addon in Version 1.7.5.
When displaying the simple calender, is lasts 7-11 seconds until the calendar content is displayed.

It shows the same behaviour when clicking "Month", "Week" or "Day"-View.

We have checked the network connection, which is fast, the CPU load is not raising when loading.
With IE9 or Firefox same behaviour, so the client side seems not to be the problem.

Our database is an Oracle 11G. The rest of JIRA performs well.

How can we speed up the calendar?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Best regards,
Andreas

9 answers

Hi, please, how many calendars you have?

We have 5 calendars. But the effect is quite the same if we enable 1 or all 5 calendars.

Ok. What is fliter for calendar? Just project?

It is a saved filter, it is a filter for the same project for each calendar, but with a different field for each calendar.

Does this filter works very good in Issue Navigator?

Each filter about 1-2 seconds.

When looking into the calendar, we see a huge number (aprox. 9000) times this SQL-Statement, with different issue numbers in the SQL log:

/rest/mailrucalws/1.0/mailcalsrv/events 0ms "SELECT ID, ISSUE, CUSTOMFIELD, PARENTKEY, STRINGVALUE, NUMBERVALUE, TEXTVALUE, DATEVALUE, VALUETYPE FROM PUBLIC.customfieldvalue WHERE ISSUE='31954'"

This seems to slow down the calendar a lot.
Maybe this is a hint?

Hello, Andreas. Now we are preparing a global plugin update. The performance will be greatly improved.

Hello Nikita, when are you planning this update? Thank you.

Hello Nikita, do you have an idea when an update will be released? Thank you.

I suppose the performance issue to have been resolved with the latest update. Please contact us if it still works slowly.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,861 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot